4th Middle School
School Board Updates
At their June 7, 2016, Work Session an update on the JBMS project was presented to the WJCC School Board by Howard Collins, president of architectural firm Waller, Todd & Sadler, and Michael Hall, president and educational facility planner at Fanning Howey.
Mr. Collins said the project was on schedule to follow the below timeline:
21st century concepts included in WJCC’s design for the 4th middle school have been successfully implemented in schools around the country. While there are differences between each of these schools, many of the elements depicted in the below videos are incorporated in the design of the new James Blair Middle School.
Sanders Elementary (Florida)
Colonel Smith Middle School (Arizona)
- Colonel Smith Middle School, Fort Huachuca Accommodation School District
- Tapestry for Learning: Interwoven Instructional Design Components
- The New Colonel Smith Middle School: Arizona’s First Net-Zero Student Centered Learning Environment
- Teachers Inspiring Students To Think Big
- Fort Report Students and the Astronauts