Presented at 2017 Convocation
- All WJCC schools earned full accreditation for the 11th year in a row. In the last five years, only 13 Virginia school divisions had all schools maintain full accreditation.
- As a recipient of the Virginia Governor’s 2017 VTSS Leadership Award, WJCC was recognized for initiatives to implement a multi-tier system of supports for behavioral intervention.
- Named to the Top Ten in the 2017 Digital School Districts Survey, WJCC was one of only five Virginia school divisions to earn recognition.
- Ranked 16th out of 132 Virginia school divisions in Niche’s 2017 Best School Districts rankings, WJCC scored an overall A grade in this rigorous assessment of academic and student-life data.
- The Class of 2017 was awarded $25,966,972 in scholarships.
- Norge Elementary students won the 2017 International Rube Goldberg Contest with their design of a machine to apply a Band-Aid©, beating out teams from China, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom.
- WJCC is home to 52 National Board Certified Teachers.
- Through implementation of the digital flyer distribution system Peachjar, WJCC saved over 800,000 sheets of paper and 104 trees.
- At WJCC’s first Professional Learning Conference 92 sessions were presented by WJCC staff members.
- The Exceptional Games, sponsored by the JHS Exceptional Eagles, brought together 188 students from all WJCC middle and high schools for a day of competition and camaraderie.
Presented at 2016 Convocation
- WJCC’s Class of 2015 drop-out rate decreased from 4% to 1.6%.
- The VTSS Trailblazer Award from the Virginia Department of Education recognizes WJCC’s commitment to implementing a tiered system to support student social, emotional and academic needs.
- All 3 of the division’s high schools have been awarded Virginia Innovation Grants to develop programs for today’s 21st century learners. WHS earned a second grant to launch The Pathways Project.
- The Virginia School Boards Association’s 2016 Business Honor Roll recognized 3 of the division’s Business Partners.
- WJCC was named as one of the “2016 Best Communities for Music Education” by the NAMM Foundation.
- WJCC’s new Support Staff of the Year Program recognized 20 dedicated and talented employees.
- Over $28,000 in Innovative Learning Grants were awarded to WJCC instructional staff by the WJCC Schools Foundation.
- TMS PE Teacher Ron Trainum is the 2016 SHAPE National Middle School Teacher of the Year.
- The Outdoor Foundation’s $25,000 grant to WJCC will support a new program for 4th graders developed in partnership with the Colonial National Historic Park.
- The WJCC Finance and PR & Engagement departments earned a combined total of 7 national awards for achievement in financial reporting and for communications initiatives launched in 2015-16.
School Board & Central Office
117 Ironbound Road
Williamsburg, VA 23185
WJCC Public Schools
P.O. Box 8783
Williamsburg, VA 23187-8783
We are WJCC