Career and Technical Education in the Williamsburg-James City County School Division consists of offerings in the following areas: Business, Health and Medical Science, Occupations Education, Marketing Education, Technology Education and Trade and Industrial Education. Course content in these areas is correlated with the Virginia Standards of Learning. Students are prepared for entry into the workforce or for postsecondary education.
Through exploratory programs at the middle schools and career preparation programs at the high schools, we will provide each student with technical skills and work readiness skills that will enable them to be productive citizens in the 21st century world of work.
- To provide state of the art equipment, industry-based curriculum, and superior instruction.
- To give students experience in practical, meaningful applications of basic skills such as reading, writing and mathematics.
- To provide relevance for subject area courses.
- To provide students with career choices and potential satisfaction.
- To provide industry-based credentials wherever possible