Challenge Clubs are after school clubs for students designed to challenge students to develop lifelong skills and habits to support a healthy lifestyle. Clubs include cooking, gardening, running, soccer, basketball, flag football, dodge ball, volleyball, history walking, jump rope, adaptive dance, ninja warriors, martial arts, kickball, ballet, jazz, hip hop, step, yoga, and morning gym. Culminating events, including performances and 5K races, challenge students to set goals and share their accomplishments.
- Clubs are once a week immediately after school in the fall and the spring.
- A healthy snack and transportation home is provided.
- Clubs are taught be WJCC staff and instructors from our community partners.
- Wellness Leaders at each school coordinate the selection of the clubs each semester.
- Clubs are open to all students in grades 3-12 (students in grades 1 and 2 may participate in the spring soccer clubs).
- Students in the fall running clubs participate in the Sentara Sleighbell 5K and students in the spring running clubs participate in the Run The D.O.G. St. 5K Race.
2021 Garden Club Online Lessons
2019-20 Cooking Club
Enjoy sandwiches from around the world! Your student will be learning how to cook a variety of nutritious sandwich recipes from around the world that are fun and easy for the family to make together! Not only will they be learning valuable kitchen skills, they will be introduced to new foods that can promote a healthy lifestyle! The eight recipes for the program are listed below: