- 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. (Monday – Thursday)
- 21 instructional days
- Blended and online learning. Specific blended and online learning expectations are outlined below in the Summer Program Description.
- Summer Program graduation will be held August 1, 2019 in the Warhill High School Auditorium for students satisfying graduation requirements.
Summer Program Description
- Program Goal: to provide students in grades 9-12 the opportunity to regain a credit for a course for which they did not pass with mastery.
- Credit Recovery courses are taught by Williamsburg-James City County (WJCC) teacher facilitators through Compass Learning. Students are required to attend the summer program Monday thru Thursday. Credit Recovery is an online course for students who have completed the seat hours of a course and must repeat the course. Parents who wish to enroll their child in Credit Recovery must contact their child’s school counselor to complete the online registration. Courses offered in High School Summer Program include:
Credit Recovery Courses
|English 9||Algebra I||Virginia & US History|
|English 10||Geometry||US Government|
|English 11||Algebra II||Earth Science|
|English 12||World Geography||Biology|
|World History & Geography I and II|
- Thursday, June 17, 2019, 3-4 p.m. or 5-6 p.m.
- Warhill High School Auditorium
*Note: Open House attendance at one of the sessions is mandatory for parent(s)/guardian(s) and students
- June 25 – August 1, 2019
- 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. (Monday – Thursday)
- Warhill High School
- Students may only register for one course
- Students currently enrolled in WJCC Public Schools (grades 9-12) may register for the Summer Program Credit Recovery at their school from May 6 – June 7, 2019.
- LATE REGISTRATION WILL BE JUNE 10 – JUNE 14, 2019 from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. IN THE SUMMER PROGRAM OFFICE AT WARHILL HIGH SCHOOL.
Non-WJCC students may register on a space-available basis at a cost of $550 and must have the approval of their home school prior to registration.
Regular attendance at the summer program is very important because of the fast pace and high concentration of daily work. In order for the students to make sufficient progress, students are expected to be in attendance each day.
- Each day’s work is the equivalent of a week’s work in the regular term. A student who misses more than two days, excused or unexcused, will not receive credit. Each tardy to school will count as ½ of an absence.
- Students are required to remain in class during the entire instructional day, 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Any student whose behavior is disruptive and interferes with classroom instruction will be dismissed by the summer program principal. The WJCC Code of Student Conduct (available on the WJCC website) outlines the expectations for student behavior. Students will be subject to suspension or dismissal from classes if they violate policies with regard to student conduct.
Adherence to the School Board Code of Dress shall also be maintained: “All students are expected to wear dress appropriate to the occasion; extreme or ostentatious apparel or appearance is to be avoided. Any article of clothing or accessory which advertises alcohol or an illegal substance, depicts lewd graphics, displays offensive or obscene language, or is gang-related is forbidden.”
There are no exam exemptions during the Summer High School Program.
Snack foods are available for purchase during the high school program.
Students that would like to park on campus during the Summer High School Program must have a parking pass. A parking pass can be picked up during Open House. Rules will be issued with the parking permit.
Transportation is provided for K-8 (general education) students, ESL students and pre-K–12 special education students. General Education High School students will use personal or public transportation.
Tuition assistance is available for high school credit-recovery, credit-bearing and enrichment courses (forms available in the school counseling office). Parents must complete a Withdrawal Form and submit it to the Summer Program office by July 8. No refunds will be made for withdrawals after this date. All refunds will be given within 10 business days and must be picked up by a parent from their child’s school. No refund of fees will be made if a student is dismissed for disciplinary reasons or excessive absences.