- Session A- Math-(Algebra I and Geometry)
- Week 1 July 6-8, 3 days of tutoring 9am-12pm (Monday-Wednesday) (9 hours)
- Week 2 July 13-15, 3 days of tutoring (Monday-Wednesday) and MATH SOL Test Thursday 16th (12 hours)
- Session B- Math both weeks (Algebra I and Geometry)
- Week 3- July 20-22, 3 days of tutoring (Monday-Wednesday) (9 hours)
- Week 4-July 27-29, 3 days of tutoring (Monday-Wednesday) and MATH SOL TEST Thursday July 30th (12 hours)
- Writing – Week 3-July 20-22, 3 days of tutoring, (Monday-Wednesday) ACT Writing Test Thursday 23rd (12 hours)
- Reading – Week 4- July 27-29, 3 days of tutoring (Monday-Wednesday) ACT Reading Test Thursday July 30th (12 hours)
No classes on Thursday or Friday during both Sessions
Summer Program Description
- Program Goal: to provide students in grades 9 – 12 who passed a Algebra 1, Geometry, or English class but did not pass or did not take the corresponding end-of-course Standards of Learning (SOL) test and needs the verified credit for graduation requirement.
To achieve the highest level of preparation possible, attendance is mandatory and a requisite for retesting.
Each day will focus on the different reporting categories and elements of the SOL test in a blended learning model that involves working directly with the teacher, independent review, and practice on the computer.
- Session A students will test on July 16 for Algebra 1 or Geometry SOL
- Session B students will test on July 23 for ACT Writing
- Session B students will test on July 30 for Algebra 1 SOL, Geometry SOL, and ACT Reading
- Eligible students must register with the School Improvement Specialist (SIS) at their school between the dates of May 7 – June 25, 2020.
- Students that have not registered by June 25 must register Monday – Thursday, June 29 – July 2, from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. at the Jamestown High School Summer Program Office.