WJCC offers a number of courses online for initial credit, remediation, and credit recovery. All online courses are aligned to the Virginia Standards of Learning and are facilitated by a highly qualified, licensed teacher.
Online learning provides students with greater flexibility of learning according to:
- Location – where learning takes place and where the student and teacher are located
- Time – when the learning takes place and how long a student takes to learn content
- Mastery of content – students demonstrating their content mastery in a variety of ways
- Delivery of Content – content provided to students in a different format
- Purpose – used for initial credit, remediation, and credit recovery
Students may be enrolled in an online class in lieu of or in addition to a traditional, face-to-face class for a number of reasons. Regardless of those reasons, careful and honest evaluation of student readiness for an online course should be considered.
To be successful in an online class, students typically need to possess certain motivational characteristics and independence. The following characteristics will help enable students to be successful:
Course offering vary based on need and qualified instructor availability.
WJCC Virtual Learning Program courses are housed in Canvas Learning Management System. Canvas and its hosting infrastructure are designed for maximum compatibility and minimal requirements. To be most successful in this course, please ensure that your computer meets the following minimum requirements: