https://i2.wp.com/wjccschools.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Williamsburg-James-City-County-Public-Schools-News-Information.jpg?fit=710%2C375&ssl=1 375 710 WJCC Public Schools https://wjccschools.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/icon-with-name.png WJCC Public Schools2014-08-15 08:55:352016-08-02 10:28:36Project Update - 8/15/14
- Maintenance sees no issues at this point that will prevent/delay school opening this year.
- RBE: The new HVAC condensing unit for the Rawls Byrd gym is installed. Site cleanup will start on the 15th. Substantial completion is August 21 with final now on August 28.
- Matthew Whaley contractor had Trane review the control system for the new chiller with our HVAC staff this week, the project is complete. Waiting on final pay app.
- Matoaka playground contractor is having issues with the flowable mix and certifying full coverage on the area undamaged last fall (the hardtop section). We are waiting on a Change Order proposal. ($20,000 Change Order to have completed, maybe?)
- Lafayette HVAC progress meeting Wednesday morning. Project is on schedule and going smoothly. All equipment is installed and operating, thus meeting substantial completion. The contractor is doing testing and balancing of the system this week. Matthew J. Thompson is putting together a punch list which will include replacement of some ceiling tiles and finalizing the control system. Several final inspections are scheduled for August 18. Work on the last change order for the control room rebuild has started. Only issue here is the control system, which is on the punch list. Graphic interface for remote control not acceptable. MJT is working closely with our staff to resolve.
- James River progress meeting Thursday morning. All HVAC equipment in Phase 3 is installed and operating. The contractor is doing testing and balancing of the system. Contractor will finish replacing damaged ceiling tiles this week. Cleaning of entire area will be completed this weekend so staff can access next Monday. County inspectors will look at the mechanical and electrical work on Monday. Final completion is September 19.
- LHS Field: The shot put and discus rings will be installed along with PVC sleeves set in concrete for the discus fence posts next week. The fence posts will remain in the Driver’s Ed tower for safe storage.
- Toano: RRMM has been inspecting the new tile and epoxy flooring this week. Hallways and classrooms will be released to the school by end of day Friday (8/15). RRMM will return on Monday (8/18) to inspect the paint corrections, including the white boards. This is the 2nd set of inspections for painting. The first visit had numerous issues.