https://wjccschools.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/WJCC_Small.png 0 0 WJCC Public Schools https://wjccschools.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/WJCC_Small.png WJCC Public Schools2017-04-11 09:06:182017-04-11 09:06:18WJCC Students Recognized for 2016-17 CTE Accomplishments
Lafayette High School (LHS)
- The following seven LHS students in the Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) club placed in the FBLA Regional Competition on Saturday, March 4th at Workforce Development/Thomas Nelson Community College.
- Anna Wright & Maddie Botts (3rd Place)- Management Decision Making
- Joi Stanley & Mackenzie Carino (2nd Place)-Banking and Financial Systems
- Madison Vick, Isabel Vega, & Olivia Nice (3rd Place)- Marketing
Joi Stanley and Mackenzie Carino will advance to the state FBLA competition held on April 8th in Reston, Virginia
- Two LHS teams placed at the Distributive Education Clubs of America (DECA) State Leadership Conference in Virginia Beach, VA during the weekend of March 3-5, 2017, and qualified to go to the DECA International Career Development Conference in Anaheim, California April 19-22, 2017.
Jamestown High School (JHS)
- The following 6 JHS students in the Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) club placed in the FBLA Regional Competition on Saturday, March 4th at Workforce Development/Thomas Nelson Community College.
- Phillip Song (2nd Place)- Economics
- Ross Wunibald (2nd Place)- Entrepreneurship
- Jackson Robertson (2nd Place)- Business Ethics
- Wesley Noffsinger (3rd Place)- Cyber Security
- Megan Kelly (3rd Place)- Help Desk
- Olivia Speight (3rd Place)- Health Care Administration
- 7 of the 42 Boat Design Teams that completed their entries for the Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers (SNAME) Boat Design Competition were from WJCC. Two of these 7 WJCC teams were chosen as “Top 13” teams. Additionally, one team, “Operation Overboard,” was chosen as a “Top 4- Finalist”. This boat is currently being built by Apprentice School Students and on Saturday, May 6, 2017, all three JHS students on this team will race their boat against the other three finalists during Race Day at the Mariners Museum Lion’s Bridge.
Warhill High School (WHS)
- The WHS Coding Club designed, programmed, and launched a prototype Application for the James City County Police Department to assist citizens in reporting anonymous tips directly from their smartphone or tablet.
- WHS Engineering students designed and built a model of a Jeep to carry the Crash Test Dummies to support awareness for seatbelt safety initiatives in schools. The finished product has been incorporated in James City County Policy Department demonstrations.
- The WHS Computer Integrated Manufacturing Class designed and fabricated parts for local company Index AR Solutions to help the augmented reality company create models for demonstrations of their software simulations.
- WHS CTE students collaborated to build a scale model of the new James Blair Middle School now on display at the Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools Central Office. This was completed in just 2 days, and will eventually be displayed in the new school.