WJCC’s school-based administrator roster is complete with the School Board’s appointment of two new principals and one new assistant principal.
Mark Hudson, currently principal at Phoebus High School in Hampton, has been named as the new principal at Warhill High School. Hudson earned his bachelor’s degree from Howard University and his master’s and doctoral degrees from Old Dominion University. Hudson served as an elementary principal for four years and as a principal at the middle school level from 2008 until his appointment at Phoebus in 2015.
Panagiotis Tsigaridas will be the new principal at Berkeley Middle School. He currently serves as principal at Charles City High School, a consolidated high school of grades 7-12. Tsigaridas earned his bachelor’s degree from The University of Virginia and his master’s degree from The George Washington University. Tsigaridas was an assistant principal at Denbigh High School from 2008-15.
Daniel Miani joins WJCC as an assistant principal at Lafayette High School. Miani currently serves as an assistant principal at Bishop Sullivan Catholic High School in Virginia Beach. He earned his bachelor’s degree from Millersville University and his master’s and doctoral degrees from Regent University.
To meet the specific leadership needs of schools, several assistant principal shifts will be effective July 1:
- Sandy VanLeliveld to JB Blayton Elementary from Matoaka Elementary
- Elizabeth Pell to Matoaka Elementary from JB Blayton Elementary
- Howard Townsend to Jamestown High School from Lafayette High School
- Karen Scott to Jamestown High School from Warhill High School
- Amour Mickel to Warhill High School from Berkeley Middle School
- Mike Littleton to Lois S. Hornsby Middle School from Berkeley Middle School [Updated: July 12, 2017]
- Mia Pollard to Berkeley Middle School from Lois S. Hornsby Middle School [Updated: July 12, 2017]
Noah Green was previously approved by the School Board to be the new assistant principal at Stonehouse Elementary.