Remember, February is American Heart Month!
Safe Routes to School’s Walk to School Day is an excellent opportunity to show your love in February. Walk and roll to school with your WJCC student!
- Laurel Lane February 7th
- Matthew Whaley February 14th
- Clara Byrd Baker February 21st
Bike Clubs, in collaboration with BikeWalk Williamsburg and the School Health Initiative Program (SHIP), will also resume in February.
Here are a few reminders from the American Heart Association about the importance of physical activity:
Why is physical activity so important for health and wellbeing?
- It’s a natural mood lifter.
- It keeps you physically fit and able.
- It keeps the doctors away.
Being more active can help you:
- lower your blood pressure
- boost your levels of good cholesterol
- improve blood flow (circulation)
- keep your weight under control
- prevent bone loss that can lead to osteoporosis