Beginning Jan. 2, 2019, parents can use a free mobile app to know where their child’s bus is located and when it will arrive at the neighborhood bus stop.
The Here Comes the Bus app uses GPS data in a customizable map to show parents and guardians where the bus is and how close it is to your child’s bus stop before and after school. Additionally, parents/guardians can receive push notifications or email messages when the bus has arrived at school, is near their child’s stop, has been substituted, or when WJCC Schools has other important bus announcements.
Here Comes the Bus is available in three languages (English, Spanish and French) and can be accessed on any computer, tablet or smartphone with Internet services. Smartphone and tablet users may download the app for free from iTunes or Google Play.
To register, families will need their child’s student ID and the WJCC Schools code 73929. Then, follow these simple steps:
- Download the Here Comes the Bus app from the App Store or Google Play, or visit https://herecomesthebus.com/getting-started/ from your computer.
- Click the “SignUp” button.
- Enter the WJCC Schools code 73929 and click “Next” followed by “Confirm.”
- Complete the “User Profile” box.
- Under “My Students” click “Add” to enter your child’s last name and student ID number.
- Once you confirm your information, you are ready to use the Here Comes the Bus
Although the mobile app provides real-time information about buses, it is still important for families and students to be mindful of the division’s practices for bus stop safety. As a reminder, parents are responsible for their own children as they wait for the school bus to arrive in the morning. Also, a parent/guardian/older sibling must accompany a kindergarten student at the bus stop and be present at student drop off. If a responsible person is not available to receive the kindergarten student, the child will be returned to his/her school and a parent or guardian will be responsible for transporting the child home