During its annual organizational meeting January 8, the Williamsburg-James City County School Board elected Lisa Ownby (Powhatan District-JCC) as Chair, Julie Hummel (City of Williamsburg) as Vice-Chair and Jim Kelly (Jamestown District – JCC) as Parliamentarian.
In addition to these three leadership roles, the Board elected members to the following boards and committees:
- WHRO – Dr. James Beers
- New Horizons – Jim Kelly
- 21st Century and Career Ready Advisory Committee – Sandra Young
- Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) – Holly Taylor
- Student Advisory Committee – Holly Taylor and Sandra Young
- Policy Committee – Kyra Cook and Julie Hummel
- School Liaison Committee – Kyra Cook and Lisa Ownby
The School Board’s 2019 meeting calendar was also approved. Click here to download a PDF version of the calendar.