Follow us on Twitter
Mission & Theme
Berkeley Middle School Counselors offer a comprehensive guidance and counseling program. The purpose of our program is to help each unique individual achieve self-direction, self-insight, and maximum development of his/her abilities. The program is designed to facilitate the student’s personal, social, physical, and emotional development.
In addition, the counselors provide the following:
- Classroom Guidance Lessons
- Individual Counseling
- Small Group Counseling
- Transition Support for rising sixth graders
- Transition Support and Registration Assistance for rising ninth graders
- Assistance Elective Course Registration
- Appropriate information to community agencies, parents, and teachers upon request
- Provides Community Counseling Resources
Respect: For yourselves as well as others
Responsibility: For your actions, words, and choices
Reason: For utilizing good decision-making skills
- Project Phoenix: A program sponsored by the college of William & Mary, that provides after-school tutoring and weekend field trips.
- New Horizons Family Counseling Center: A counseling center staffed by William & Mary graduate students. Counselors address family concerns and problem-solving skills to build family strengths.
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters: It is a mentoring program designed to improve academic performance, social and emotional growth, and self-esteem in children.
If interested in any of the above programs, please contact the Counseling Office.