Who is the PTA?
The PTA is all of us! Every parent, grandparent, guardian; every teacher, administrator, staff member. Anyone who fills out a membership form and pays the $8/$15 membership fee.
What does the PTA Do?
We work with school leaders, teachers, and staff to build a sense of community and enhance the learning experiences of all students at BMS. We do this through advocacy, programs, and events.
How do I become a member?
To sign up to be a member of the BMS PTA just visit the Member Hub website and either select a Single Membership for $8 or Family Membership for $15. There is a very small transaction fee that will be added on to your total. For additional assistance on MemberHub check out the Parent cheat sheet. If you prefer to pay with cash or check, print the Membership Form and return to the PTA or school office.
WJCC PTA Council – Our BMS PTAC representative connects us with our district council’s initiatives
Virginia PTA – Your $8/$15 membership fee automatically makes you a member of the Virginia PTA and the National PTA
National PTA – The National PTA is the largest child advocacy group in the nation
How We Fund Our Programs:
I Believe in Berkeley Campaign
This is the Main fundraiser at Berkeley Middle School. It provides our school with valuable resources such as educational material, technology, and special programs. The campaign launches at the beginning of the school year and ends right before Thanksgiving break. Normally being celebrated at our annual Turkey Trot! In 2022/23, the I Believe in Berkeley Campaign, reached our goal of $5,000.00.
How We Communicate:
By signing up as a PTA member this gives you access to our PTA’s Memberhub website and places you on our mailing list to receive updates regarding our meetings, events and other important information involving our students and their educational world!
PTA news is published in the Principal’s weekly Bulldog Bark.
Sign Up Genius is used for donating and volunteering opportunities.
Contact us directly via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on social media:
More Ways to Contribute:
Chair a committee on the Executive Board or volunteer to help with events at our school. Contact us for Committee Chair and Volunteer opportunities at: email@example.com .
Join other Bulldog families for Spirit Nights at different area establishments. Watch for Announcements as to when these take place.
Support our school when you shop-
A. Staples Connect
- Download Staples Connect app and join for FREE
- On the bottom of the app- Choose Classroom rewards
- Search for Berkeley Middle School
(Or check to see if your favorite teacher at BMS is enrolled)
- When checking out at Staples- apply your Staples Rewards number
- Up to 10% of your purchase is donated to in Staples credit to Berkeley Middle School!
B. Collect Box Tops for Education
- Sign up at https://www.boxtops4education.com/ or download the app
- Use 23188 zip code to find Berkeley Middle School
- Scan your store receipts using the app
C. Link your Amazon account and shop through Amazon smile
- Look up Berkeley Middle under charitable organizations and link with your account
- Shop through https://smile.amazon.com/
D. Link your Harris Teeter VIC card
- Remember you must relink your account EVERY year 2. Go to https://www.harristeeter.com/together-in-education OR ask your cashier to link to Berkeley PTA (Account code = 8094)