Who is the PTA?
The PTA is all of us! Every parent, grandparent, guardian; every teacher, administrator, staff member. Anyone who fills out a membership form and pays the $8 membership fee.
What Does the PTA Do?
We work with school leaders, teachers, and staff to build a sense of community and enhance the learning experiences of all students at BMS. We do this through programs, events, and advocacy.
- WJCC PTA Council – Our BMS PTAC representative connects us with our district council’s initiatives
- Virginia PTA – Your $8 membership fee automatically makes you a member of the Virginia PTA and the National PTA
- National PTA – The National PTA is the largest child advocacy group in the nation
How We Communicate:
All members are added to the PTA email list. Receive regular updates about meetings, programs, and events.
Our newsletter—The Bulldog Press—is available on the PTA page of the BMS website.
Contact us directly via email: email@example.com
Follow us on social media:
- Facebook: BerkeleyMiddlePTA
- Twitter: @Berkeley_PTA
How We Fund Our Programs:
I Believe in Berkeley
The I Believe in Berkeley campaign is our primary fundraising activity—a direct request for donations in any amount.
The campaign launches at Open House August 28, 4-6pm and culminates in our annual Turkey Trot—an in-school fun run and celebration for all students.
The funds from our mini grants program enhance the educational experiences of Berkeley students by supporting the creative initiatives of our teachers.
Recent Mini Grants:
- Read & Ride bike for the library reading area
- Dissecting kit + specimens for 7th grade science classes
- Soil, rakes, shovels, and other tools for the student “pizza garden”
- Spanish/English dictionaries for English language learners
- Drones + batteries for technology classes
- Jump ropes, balls, and other activities for Fun Fridays
- Preparatory materials for the Math Counts Team
- iPad + case for students with learning disabilities
We partner with Erase the Need to provide healthy snacks for BMS students so that hunger is not a barrier to learning.
Spirit wear and spirit nights.
We love our teachers, and we show it with meals and other acts of appreciation throughout the year. Watch for requests to contribute a favorite dish or item. National Teacher Appreciation Week is May 4-8.
This annual themed arts contest, organized by the National PTA, is now in its 51st year. The 2019-20 theme is “Look Within.”
Students enter in one or more categories:
- Dance Choreography
- Film Production
- Visual Arts
Submissions due October 25.
More Ways to Contribute:
Join other Bulldog families for Spirit Nights at local restaurants.
Use the Box Tops for Education app to scan your receipts every time you shop. Eligible products will generate an automatic donation to Berkeley.
Make purchases through Amazon Smile and select Berkeley Middle PTA as your beneficiary.