Clara Byrd Baker Elementary School will exceed our 2016 pass rate of 70% in Mathematics for the subgroup referred to as African Americans by at least 6%. Our goal is to improve the score of African Americans as measured by the 2017 Virginia Standards of Learning Test.
- Teachers will provide small group instruction using direct instruction, independent, and application station rotations. Group composition is based on Math MAPs data & pretesting results.
- Teachers will use the Data Teams process to collaboratively plan with Math Specialist to develop a deeper understanding of essential components and content knowledge of Math SOLs. Teachers will bring a hard copy of standards to all planning sessions.
Clara Byrd Baker will exceed our 2016 pass rate of 52% in English Language Arts for the subgroup referred to as African American by at least 6% points. Our goal is to improve the score of African American students as measured by the 2017 Standards of Learning ELA Test.
- During the year 2016-2017 100% of Clara Byrd Baker, teacher will implement best practices with Word Study as a part of Reading every day. Students will make measurable progress along the Word Study continuum as measured by the Developmental Spelling Assessment.
- CBB Teacher will utilize Small Group Instruction with Reading/Language Arts as outlined by the WJCC Literacy Framework. Teachers will provide small group instruction using direct instruction, independent, and application station rotations
Clara Byrd Baker Elementary School will increase the overall percentage of students that meet the Virginia wellness zone standard for the PACER Assessment by 5% from pre to post assessment. (PACER=The Progressive Aerobic Cardiovascular Endurance Run)
- Health and Physical Education teacher will analyze student performance on the PACER pre-assessment evaluating strengths and weaknesses and developing a plan for improving performance on future PACER assessments.
- Physical Education teacher will prioritize aerobic activity as component of classes and general education teachers will incorporate aerobic activity in recess.