Job prospects in Federal government are expected to vary by occupation. Over the next decade, a significant number of workers are expected to retire, which will create a large number of job openings. While there will be growth in many occupations over the coming decade, demand will be especially strong for specialized workers in areas related to public health, information security, scientific re-search, law enforcement, and financial services. The Government & Public Administration cluster, which employed nearly 33,500 Virginians in 2016, is expected to employ about 3,600 more workers across the commonwealth by 2026, for a total of about 37,100. The anticipated 11 percent growth of employment within this cluster over the decade exceeds the projected national average growth of 7 percent among all occupations in this cluster.
Career Experience & Exposure Opportunities
- Key Club
- Men of Vision & Purpose Club
- Women of Vision & Purpose Club
- Minority Achievement Leader Club
- Student Council Association
- Chick-Fil-A Leader Academy
- Future Business Leaders of America Club
- Model U.N.
- James City County Youth Advisory Council & Teens Toward Success Program
- Internships & Job Shadows
See your Counselor for more information