The objective of the Computer Integrated Manufacturing course is to expose students to the fundamentals of computerized manufacturing technology.The course is built around several key concepts:
- Computer modeling – Utilize 3D solid modeling software package (Inventor) with mass property analysis
- CNC equipment – understanding the machine tools and its operating and programming aspects
- CAM software – converting computer-generated geometry into a program to drive CNC machine tools
- Robotics – using a robot for materials handling and assembly operations
- Flexible manufacturing systems – students working in teams to design manufacturing work cells and tabletop factory simulations.
There is a fee associated with this course.