Guidelines for Student Dress:
Help your child dress for success and dress to be a student learner every day at DJM. It has been our experience that the way students dress for school has a direct impact upon their behavior as well as the behavior of their classmates. Students should wear clothing that is comfortable but modest. We believe that the type of clothing students wear to school should not distract from the learning environment or their responsibility for their learning each day.
Parents please help your students to comply with the following:
- Shoes are to be worn at all times. Shoes with wheels and high heels are not permitted.
- Proper athletic shoes are required for physical education classes.
- Parents are responsible for keeping their children’s hair, body and their clothing clean.
- Clothing/accessories bearing obscene/offensive statements and/or pictures or statements that promotes or advertises the illicit use of drugs or alcohol will not be permitted.
- Students are not permitted to wear hats once they enter the school building.
- Shorts and skirts should be no higher than three inches above the top of the knee. When in doubt, students and parents should follow the guideline of the longer the better.
- Shirts and tops must be long enough to cover the midriff and high enough to cover cleavage. Muscle shirts and net shirts are not permitted.
- Students may not wear heavy coats in their classrooms. Heavy coats must be kept in their cubby.
- Students must wear their pants at waist level and should be provided with a belt if their pants are too large.