WJCC Middle School Dress Code
Doing our best and being successful every day relies on looking and feeling our best. Clothing and dress can be a form of individual expression; however, it should always convey a sense of personal pride and confidence that is conducive to learning. In order to ensure that our learning environment reflects a professional atmosphere, WJCC middle schools have the following guidelines and expectations for school dress.
If contacted by the school administration, a parent/guardian may be requested to come to the school to provide acceptable clothing. If a parent/guardian is unavailable or cannot be reached, they will be provided with a change of clothing. Students unable to correct their dress may receive low level disciplinary consequences.
1. Clothing or accessories bearing obscene, offensive, profane, suggestive/abusive statements or images will not be permitted.
2. Clothing must not advertise, advocate and/or promote activities illegal for minors.
3. Shoes must be worn at all times. Shoes with laces must be tied. For safety reasons, shoes with secured straps are highly encouraged.
4. Any clothing, make-up, hairstyle or manner of appearance that disrupts the educational/school-related environment will not be allowed.
5. All clothing and its material (when worn) are not to be transparent.
6. Shorts/skorts/dresses/skirts must measure at least 6 inches above the top of the knee when worn at the natural waist. When standing, this length must be consistent all the way around the article of clothing.
7. Clothing that exposes or reveals the midriff, navel, cleavage, buttocks, or upper back is not allowed.
8. All undergarments must remain properly under the appropriate clothing or cover.
9. Ripped, frayed, slashed or torn pants or made to appear as such are not allowed unless something is worn under them to cover holes above the knee.
10. Pants must be worn at the natural waistline. Sagging is not permitted.
11. Sleepwear, pajamas, slippers or blankets are not allowed.
12. Bandanas may not be worn or displayed in any fashion.
13. With the exception of standard headbands, headwear will be removed prior to entering the building (this is to include sunglasses).
14. Sweaters, sweatshirts, and light jackets may be worn during the day. No hoods on any article of clothing can be worn during the school day.
Any other clothing or items that are deemed inappropriate or questionable for school attire may not be permitted as determined by school administration.
Revised July 8, 2019