Thanksgiving is a time to enjoy food with loved ones, but sometimes it takes a younger perspective to remind us what it’s really all about.
As the students prepared for the holiday break, J. Blaine Blayton Elementary School was covered with harvest-themed crafts and turkey t-shirts.
Seven students from the school shared what Thanksgiving meant to them with WYDaily:
- Olivia Wilson, 5 (kindergarten)
- Avery Cotmon, 5 (kindergarten)
- William Marsh, 6 (first grade)
- Owen Keister, 7 (second grade)
- Mae Larsen, 8 (third grade)
- Destin Delk, 9 (fourth grade)
- Flosstin Taylor, 11 (fifth grade)
Each student thought about how they celebrated with their families and reflected on their favorite aspects of the holiday. But for most, they were simply looking forward to turkey.