As your administrative team, we consider the safety of your children to be the highest priority throughout our year. Here are a few reminders to make sure our children stay safe!
- Please do not bring your child to school before 9:20 a.m. Adequate supervision is not available before this time. Please remain with your child in your car until it is time for staff to begin escorting them into the building. If your child attends the Parks and Rec. program, please escort your child into the building and sign in with the Parks and Rec. supervisor.
- If possible, please allow your child to ride the bus! We prefer that all students ride the bus to reduce extra traffic in the mornings and afternoons. Due to safety procedures, you may not accompany your child into the building or to their classroom.
- Beginning at approximately 9:20 a.m., a staff member will be present in the front drop-off area to help your child out of the car. Please see the map below of parking lot and flow-of-traffic routines. Please do not let your child get out of your car until directed by a staff member.
- All students not riding the bus in the afternoon will report to the gym. We will have a car line dismissal this year. If you plan to pick up your child any day this year, please sign up for a car tag during Open House. You must have a car tag so that we know your children are getting into the right car. Children will have a matching tag attached to their book bag. Parents will wait in the car line and staff will escort children to the cars beginning at 4:05 p.m. Due to safety procedures, you must remain in your car. Please do not come into the school to pick up your child. Please remember to send a note to your child’s teacher informing the school of any special arrangements regarding riding or not riding the bus. All car riders need to be picked up by 4:15 p.m.
- The After-School Program, through the Williamsburg-James City County Parks and Recreation Center, is available to all children. However, the Recreation Center Child Care Program is completely separate from Blayton Elementary School. To reach the Rec Connect office, please call (757) 259-5351.
Thank you very much for helping to keep ALL of our children safe this year. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at 565-9300.