As your administrative team, we consider the safety of your children to be the highest priority throughout our year. Here are a few reminders to make sure our children stay safe!
- Please do not bring your child to school before 9:05 a.m. Adequate supervision is not available before this time. If you bring your child before this time, we ask that you accompany and supervise him/her in the front hallway. If your child attends the Parks and Rec. program, please escort your child into the building and sign in with the Parks and Rec. supervisor.
- If possible, please allow your child to ride the bus! We prefer that all students ride the bus to reduce extra traffic in the mornings and afternoons.
- Beginning at approximately 9:05, a staff member will be present in the front drop-off area to assist your child in exiting your vehicle. Please see enclosed map of parking lot and flow-of-traffic routine. Please do not let your child get out of your vehicle until you have reached the assigned staff member.
- All students not riding the bus in the afternoon will report to the gym. We will have a car line dismissal this year. (There is a form to sign up for a car tag in this packet. Please bring your completed form to Open House or to the front office after that time.) You must have a car tag so that we know your children are getting into the right car. Children will have a matching tag attached to their book bag. Parents will wait in the car line and staff will escort children to the cars beginning at 3:50. If you choose to not wait in the car line you would need to report to the main office to sign out their child. However, we highly encourage the use of the car line this year! Please remember to send a note to your child’s teacher informing the school of any special arrangements regarding riding or not riding the bus. All car riders need to be picked up by 4:05 p.m.
- The After-School Program, through the Williamsburg-James City County Parks and Recreation Center, is available to all children. However, the Recreation Center Child Care Program is completely separate from Blayton Elementary School. To reach the JBB Site Supervisor, please call: Jamie Sexton at 592-3468.
Thank you very much for helping to keep ALL of our children safe this year. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at 565-9300.