J. Blaine Blayton Elementary School will increase the pass rate on the Reading SOL assessment for Students with Disabilities from 2015-2016 to 2016-2017 school year by at least 5%.
- Students qualifying for supplemental direct instruction in reading will receive evidenced-based support, including leveled literacy intervention.
- With the accommodations according to student’s individualized education plans, students will be assessed on priority grade level reading standards.
J. Blaine Blayton Elementary School will increase the SOL Math Pass Rate for Students with Disabilities from 55% in 2015-2016 to at least 65% in 2016-2017.
- The team assigns interventions to, and monitors the progress of, students qualifying for Tier II or III interventions in math.
- With the accommodations according to student’s individualized education plans, students will be assessed on priority grade level math standards.
JBB students will set their own learning goals in the 2016-2017 school year. As evidenced by “look-fors” in student engagement of goal setting, there will be an increase of at least 50% of observed student goal setting from 2015 – 2016 to 2016 – 2017.
- Quarterly faculty meetings will focus on student indicators of engagement. Teachers and teams will share goal setting strategies that have been effective in the classroom.
- Grade 3-5 teachers will engage students in goal setting on Measures of Academic Progress growth.