Families enrolling students who are new to Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools should first check the school zone map to determine to which school their student is assigned. If your student is assigned to the new Blair Middle School, we invite you to register your child by visiting the JBMS main office. Hours of registration are 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Please note that a biological parent or legal guardian must be present to register a student.
Families whose students already attend a WJCC school do not need to re-register their children to attend the new Blair Middle School.
To get a head start on registration documents, please visit the WJCC registration page. Here is a checklist of documents required for to complete registration:
- Parent/Guardian photo identification
- Immunization record
- Two forms of proof of residency (recent electric, water or gas bill and a lease/rental agreement, mortgage statement or purchase contract; cable and telephone/cell bills are not accepted); if you and your child reside with someone else or are in temporary housing, please share this information with the registrar.
- Proof of birth (birth certificate, affidavit and/or other supporting documentation)
- Transcript, report cards and/or standardized test scores from last school attended
Also, if applicable:
- Custody documentation
- Copies of additional education services received by student (504 plan, IEP or Student Assistance Plan)
- Documentation of any gifted education program
If you have registration questions, please call Lindsey Kravitz, Registrar, at (757) 603-6565, ext. 51008