Newsflash for Families
Jamestown High School
It is hard to believe second semester is upon us. Teachers and students are working diligently to close out our first semester. The added “snow-cation” had a significant impact on seven days of instruction. Therefore, we are making the adjustments to ensure students have access to content and are prepared for significant tests. Exams are optional, and teachers will work with students who choose to take exams. As always, we keep student achievement and safety a top priority at JHS.
- PTSA: Thank you to our one in a million PTSA Board for their continued leadership and support of our students and community. Your commitment to our school and care for our students and staff are amazing. We appreciate all you do for our school.
- STAFF: The staff at JHS goes above and beyond each day, through challenges and celebrations, to make sure our students are prepared and have access to the best educational opportunities. Thank you, teachers and staff, for your never ending love and support for our school community.
- Athletics: Thanks to Coach Edwards and our amazing coaches who spend hours supporting our student athletes. Your commitment to our students and the success of our athletic program is evident in all that you do. Not everyone can be a coach. Coaches are special people, who go beyond the call of duty to support our athletes. You are appreciated. Thank you for making a difference in the future of our student athletes.
- Yearbook News: Order your Aerie yearbook for $75.00. Personalized yearbooks cannot be ordered after January 31, 2018. All mail in orders are due by January 31, 2018 as well. On line orders will continue until March 29, 2018.
- Senior Yearbook ADS: Senior ads for the yearbook need to be placed by February 1 in order to receive a free yearbook with a full page ad. See Ms. Green in room 152 if you have any questions.
The WJCC Honors Program is currently in its winter cycle of accepting applications from Honors candidates, who complete a rigorous course of independent and scholastic studies above what is required for graduation. The next deadline is Tuesday, February 6, 2018. This is the final opportunity for juniors in the class of 2019 to apply to the WJCC Honors Program, as junior applications are not accepted in the spring. For information, please review the guidelines and details found on WJCC’s Honors Program webpage, watch the explanatory video found on Jamestown High’s Gifted Education webpage, or contact Mr. Lampert, Jamestown’s Honors Program facilitator. Monday, January 22, 2018 Parents of seniors, be on the lookout later this winter for the 2018 Senior Survey, which is how you and your scholars let us know about their plans for the future and recognitions received this year. Has your child been accepted to college? Is he or she enlisting in the Armed Forces, or pursuing specialized work opportunities? Have any scholarship offers been made to your scholar? The only way that Jamestown High, WJCC, and the general public will ever know about it is if you tell us. This Senior Survey will be made available through the Jamestown website and the Counseling office soon.
Counseling Office News:
- Counselors are meeting with seniors to review graduation requirements and work on post-graduation planning.
- Colleges are continuing to visit Jamestown daily, please check the website for updates.
- Students please check out the Career and College resource room in the counseling office.
- Second semester add/drop will be February 1st-8th. Spring ASVAB will be administered on March 8th.
- AP exam registration will be February 12th-March 16th (information will be posted on the JHS webpage).
Mark your calendar:
January 23 – Club pictures
January 24th and January 25th – Full instructional school days
January 26th – no school for students
January 29th – no school for students
January 30th – Third marking period begins
January 30th – Junior class assembly hosted by Balfour (class rings)
January 31st – Senior class assembly hosted by Balfour (cap and gown info)
February 7th – Report Cards
February 19th – President’s Day
March 15 – High School Parent Conferences
March 29th – End of Third Marking Period
March 30th – Full instructional school day
April 2 – April 6th – spring break
April 12, 13 and 14 – Spring Musical, Jamestown Auditorium at 7:00PM