Important Rules and Regulations
In addition to the WJCC School Board policy on Student Discipline: Rights and
Responsibilities, students must adhere to the following rules:
- Respect the property and the personal and educational rights of others.
- Follow all reasonable directions and requests given by school personnel.
- Attend class and be on time.
- Many high school students use or own electronic communication devices (ECDs) and other electronic items. Such items include cellular telephones, camera phones, Blackberry devices, iPads, iPhones, iPods, mp3 players, iTouch, CD/DVD players, electronic games, portable computers, and other associated devices and accessories. Although convenient and accessible forms of communication and entertainment, the unrestricted use of these devices in school can be distracting and disruptive to the educational environment. These devices also can be attractive targets for theft and their misuse can result in serious violations of the law (e.g. inappropriate pictures, camera/video use, inappropriate or harassing messages, etc.). Given these circumstances, schools reserve the right to monitor and govern student use of such items during the school day. In accordance with School Board policy, portable electronic and communication devices must be turned off and stowed away during the school day. Students who use such items are subject to disciplinary action, including confiscation of the item for parent/guardian retrieval. When use or misuse results in violations of the law, confiscated ECDs may be surrendered to local law enforcement officials. In addition, laser pointers are not allowed on school property.
- Acquire permission from an instructor and administrator before audio or video taping a class.
- Refrain from inappropriate Public Display of Affection (PDA). The only acceptable PDA is the holding of hands. All other forms or displays of affection are prohibited.
- Consume food and drink in the cafeteria or other approved areas.
- Have a pass when in the halls during class.
- Remain on school grounds unless permission to leave is granted by an administrator.