Responsible for administrative and clerical duties associated with the office of Public Relations and Communications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans and coordinates meetings, assists with special event planning, and assists department director and coordinators with assigned projects.
- Handles telephone calls in courteous manner, taking accurate and complete telephone messages and forwarding calls to appropriate staff.
- Works with schools on assigned projects, including but not limited to honor rolls, planners, Peachjar and requests for public relations and engagement support.
- Assists with Freedom of Information Act requests and initiates and maintains files in manner that ensures both easy access to information.
- Keeps accurate records to enable ordering, receipt and distribution of supplies and materials using division accounting software.
- Assists with purchase card reconciliation and department budget line-item allocations.
- Prepares, distributes and tracks to completion various forms including event facility requests, work orders, purchase orders, and requests for payment.
- Maintains confidentiality of reports, records, correspondence, and communications when required to handle such information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
High school graduate or equivalent. Two years related work experience.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Performs duties under the supervision of the Director of PR & Communications.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Employees are regularly required to stand and reach with hands and arms; walk; sit; stoop or kneel; crouch or crawl. Duties may involve risk resulting from attending to students’ physical or sanitation/hygiene needs. Must be physically capable of frequently lifting or moving up to 50 pounds.