This position is responsible for monitoring student behavior during meal service and assists with the cleanliness of the cafeteria, recycling, and the flow of meal service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages students during meal service (behavior problems will be referred to the teachers or administration according to guidelines established by the individual school site).
- Communicates with students and school staff in a positive and professional manner utilizing appropriate customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Circulates throughout the cafeteria or in areas where meals are served and/or eaten assisting students who need assistance.
- Assists with the cleanliness of the cafeteria.
- Dismisses classes in an orderly manner at the scheduled time.
- Encourages good table manners and citizenship.
- Models the WJCC Strategic Plan Values: Individualism, Integrity, Innovation, Accountability and Collaboration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Related experience in customer service preferred. Prior experience with children preferred.
- Excellent communication skills necessary to positively interact with the students and staff members.
- Able to follow instructions and complete tasks efficiently. Ability to use good judgment and be dependable.
Performs duties under the direct supervision of the building Administrator; receives guidance, directions, and instructions as required from the Cafeteria Manager.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Requires ability to stand on feet for extended periods of time. Ability to reach, bend, and stoop. Ability to move about the school cafeteria. Ability to lift 10 pounds unassisted. The duties of this position are performed in a school cafeteria environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.