This position is responsible for the oversight of division-wide planning, implementation and reporting elements of the division strategic plan, Elevate Beyond Excellence, under the direction of the superintendent. This position is also responsible for the supervision of select departments and ensuring effective and efficient operations within the school system. Additional key leadership responsibilities include oversight of long-range and capital improvement planning, policies, and legislative compliance as it pertains to the school division.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the development, implementation, timeline and reporting elements of the division’s strategic plan.
- Monitors progress toward strategic plan goal achievement and implementation of strategies.
- Provides support, feedback and direction for the division leadership team to ensure the division’s strategic plan goals and objectives are met.
- Develops performance measures, key indicators, in collaboration with senior leadership, to monitor progress on strategic initiatives.
- Works with offices and departments to develop, monitor, and assess short and long-term goals and performance measures.
- Serves as a frontline advocate for the superintendent’s initiatives and priorities within the division and the community
- Serves are the superintendent’s representative when needed with community groups to articulate the school system’s vision, goals, and programs.
- Chairs the executive leadership meetings in the absence of the superintendent
- Serve as the division superintendent’s designee as needed
- Serves as a member of the superintendent's Executive Staff/ Senior Leadership Team and performs related responsibilities as required.
- Serves as the division’s legislative liaison, responsible for monitoring new legislation and its impact on the school division and developing briefs for the superintendent and related communication to legislators.
- Oversees the development, administration and evaluation of division policies and procedures that assist staff in the operation of the school division.
- Oversees long-range facilities’ planning and capital improvement planning
- Supervises select departments within the school division to ensure effective and efficient operations and enhance process and performance management.
- Provides support for the superintendent’s executive team with daily operations and provides professional guidance including policy advice, decision-making and operational assistance.
- Provides administrative oversight for the preparation of reports, interpretations of related data for the administration, staff and the public to promote effective decision making by senior leadership, site-based administrators and the superintendent.
- Oversees the administrative operations and staff that support productivity and effectiveness within the superintendent’s office and ensures the dissemination of accurate and timely information from the superintendent’s office to other entities and individuals, internally and externally.
- Collaborates with the division leadership team to foster a division-wide culture that encourages strategies and initiatives designed to impact organizational change and improvement.
- Models the WJCC Strategic Plan Values: Individualism, Integrity, Innovation, Accountability and Collaboration.
- Performs other duties as determined by the superintendent.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
- Master’s Degree in School Administration with an earned doctorate preferred. A minimum of seven (7) years of experience as a school administrator and a minimum of five (5) years of senior-level central office administrator experience. A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of:
- techniques and strategies for managing a midsize, diverse organization;
- school-level and overall administrative practices/procedures of a K-12 school division;
- policies and regulations governing the school division for local, state, and federal entities;
- strategic planning, implementation and monitoring
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent organization skills.
- Highly resourceful and self-motivated, with strong analytical skills.
- Ability to provide leadership, direction and operationalize the administrative functions of the school division.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school officials, administrators, teachers, classified and support staff, and public officials and community members.
Supervises the Senior Director of Human Resources, Senior Director of Student Services, Senior Director of Operations and the Senior Director of Technology.
Performs duties under the supervision of the WJCC Superintendent.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Highly diverse and complex duties. Must have high tolerance for change and the ability to work on several projects and assignments concurrently with frequent interruptions and firm deadlines. Must have initiative and assume responsibility for working productively with minimal supervision.
Must have the ability to sit for extended periods of time in a busy office environment; exhibit manual dexterity to enter data into a computer terminal; to see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds.