This position works with the Strategic Communications Officer and Communications & Engagement Team to effectively share school division news and promote the division through various communication channels and platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as the primary content creator for and manager of the school division’s social media platforms and newsletters.
- Writes social media and feature story content, takes photos and creates videos for inclusion on division website, blogs and social media channels.
- Develops and edits communication plans and multimedia presentations.
- Works in collaboration with communication team members to design brochures, folders and forms; writes accompanying text.
- Assists with the coordination of special events and activities for the purpose of ensuring these activities are well planned and operate smoothly.
- Models the WJCC Schools Strategic Plan Values: Individualism, Integrity, Innovation, Accountability and Collaboration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or related field.
- Communications, public relations or related experience, including digital media content creation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of technology applications utilized to communicate virtually.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; must a be strong storyteller.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and effectively, independently, in a team environment, and with various stakeholders.
- Bilingual communication skills and abilities preferred.
Performs duties under the supervision of the Strategic Communications Officer.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Must have high tolerance for change and the ability to work on several projects and assignments concurrently. Strong interpersonal skills required in working with diverse groups. Must have initiative and assume responsibility for working productively with minimal supervision. Must have the ability to sit for extended periods of time in a busy office environment; exhibit manual dexterity to enter data into a computer terminal; to see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds.