This position works with the Strategic Communications Officer and Communications & Engagement Team to effectively share school division celebrations and promote the division through various communication channels and platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as the primary content creator for and manager of the school division’s social media platforms, including organic and paid campaigns.
- Produces content, including text, photos, and videos, for inclusion on the division website, social media channels, and other platforms.
- Maintains timely, up-to-date, accurate content on the division website.
- Provides guidance and support to school-based Digital Communications Liaisons.
- Develops marketing campaigns and communications plans.
- Produces presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Supports division-wide communication through mass messaging tool.
- Assists with the coordination of special events, projects, and/or activities that support department or division goals.
- Models the WJCC Schools Strategic Plan Values: Individualism, Integrity, Innovation, Accountability and Collaboration.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Evening and/or weekend work may be required.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
- Bachelor’s degree or demonstrated equivalent experience in fields related to communications, public relations, or marketing.
- Comprehensive knowledge of technology applications utilized to communicate digitally.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; must be a strong storyteller.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and effectively, independently, in a team environment, and with various stakeholders.
- Bilingual communication skills and abilities a plus.
Performs duties under the supervision of the Strategic Communications Officer.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Must have high tolerance for change and the ability to work on several projects and assignments concurrently. Strong interpersonal skills required in working with diverse groups. Must have initiative and assume responsibility for working productively with minimal supervision. Must have the ability to sit for extended periods of time in a busy office environment; exhibit manual dexterity to enter data into a computer terminal; to see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds.