This position provides oversight for program evaluation, research and assessment for the school division. A major responsibility of this position will be the collection and analysis of all student achievement data at the local, state, and federal levels. This position is responsible for triaging district academic data requests, providing timely in-depth data analyses and reports on the various assessments, and responding to requests for data analysis from the senior staff to assist with Division strategic planning and school improvement planning.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collects and analyzes all instructional data at the local, state, and federal levels.
- Analyzes and reports all data from various accountability and assessment systems in the Division.
- Develops all accountability reports for the Division and delivers these reports to the division leadership for dissemination to the School Board and the community.
- Serves as liaison with appropriate personnel at the Virginia Department of Education.
- Facilitates and assists in the planning and monitoring School Improvement Plans and provides direction to the School Improvement Specialists (high school) and School Based Leadership Teams by providing appropriate data and analysis.
- Develops and delivers training for administrators, teachers, and division personnel on accountability, assessment, data-informed decision-making, and data analysis.
- Manages, processes, and distributes all state testing materials and oversees test administration and security.
- Oversees evaluation of instruction programs.
- Works with the School Improvement Specialists and School Testing Coordinators (STCs) at each school to ensure that state laws, regulations, and policies governing the state assessment program per the Virginia Standards of Learning tests are strictly practiced.
- Plans and conducts training for School Testing Coordinators (STCs).
- Works with colleagues in the department of Accountability, Quality, and Innovation and the department of School Performance to provide continuous review, evaluation, and oversight of all research-based assessment and accountability programs in the Division.
- Uses and interfaces with all Division data programs, including the student information system, dashboard systems, Excel, and intranet.
- Reviews and disseminates research and professional literature relating to educational evaluation and assessment.
- Models the WJCC Strategic Plan Values: Individualism, Integrity, Innovation, Accountability and Collaboration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
- Master’s degree in education or related field; doctoral degree preferred
- Experience as a school-level administrator required
- Demonstrated leadership ability in organization, professional development and planning
- Demonstrated ability, knowledge and understanding of data and data analysis
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of accountability at the local, state, and federal levels
- Ability to utilize, learn and provide training in a wide variety of computer technology hardware and software applications
- Experience with state testing, supervision of federal, state, and division program analysis
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
Performs duties under the supervision of the Assistant Superintendent, School Leadership (Elementary).
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Highly diverse and complex duties. Must have high tolerance for change and the ability to work on several projects and assignments concurrently. Strong interpersonal skills required in working with diverse groups. Must have initiative and assume responsibility for working productively with minimal supervision and through the collaborative process.
Must have the ability to sit for extended periods of time in a busy office environment; exhibit manual dexterity to enter data into a computer terminal. To see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without visual aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds.