This position supports the division and health services in the implementation of COVID-19 contact assessments and response. Maintains and revises division mitigation guidelines according to current CDC and VDH guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for conducting contact assessments.
- Monitors of the work of other part-time contact assessment support staff.
- Works collaboratively with the Supervisor of Health Services to ensure appropriate and timely decision-making, communication and documentation of cases.
- Assures confidentiality and ethical conduct in all aspects of the work.
- Establish and maintain collaborative professional relationships with all division departments.
- Follows all CDC and division mitigation guidelines.
- Maintains and revises division mitigation guidelines according to current CDC and VDH guidelines.
- Models effective communication and interpersonal skills, cultural competency and sensitivity and empathetic interviewing skills to build rapport and maintain trust.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and the ability to use sound judgment.
- Has contact tracing training and certification from the Virginia Department of Health or other recognized training program.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments.
- Models the WJCC Strategic Plan Values: Individualism, Integrity, Innovation, Accountability and Collaboration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university, public health concentration preferred.
- Previous experience in the public health field.
- Experience in conducting telephone based or in-person interviews, data collection and data entry is preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Contact Assessment Support Team.
Performs duties under the supervision of the Supervisor of Health Services.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
The work is performed while standing or walking. It requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision, and hearing. The work requires the use of hands for simple grasping, pushing and pulling of arm controls, and fine manipulations.