This position is responsible for entering student information via CRT in support of the guidance department, the attendance area, and school staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Makes additions, deletions, and changes to the student computerized record via computer terminal; makes corresponding handwritten updates and changes to hard copies. Information from this duty may come from written documents and verbal instructions.
- Types all incoming new student transcripts.
- Updates grades, compiles, posts and maintains summer school grades. Posts test scores and maintain test cards.
- Generates reports which include class lists, homeroom lists, audits, and schedules as required by administrative staff and guidance.
- Operates the assigned computer printer to print student, class, and activity reports. Operates the printer to print ad hoc and special reports or listing.
- Maintains student folders; files incoming student information.
- Compiles and maintains a record of grade level changes and first period changes for the attendance office.
- Properly maintains source and report documents in specified order for reference and safekeeping. Safeguards all student and teacher information against unauthorized use or access.
- Performs other clerical duties as assigned.
- Models the WJCC Strategic Plan Values: Individualism, Integrity, Innovation, Accountability and Collaboration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- Ability to communicate through clear and grammatically proper speech and basic writing and computing skills.
- Ability to read hand-written and printed information and convert it to database.
Performs duties under the supervision of the assigned building administrator.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Typical office environment, subject to frequent deadlines, continual use of office equipment.