This position performs a variety of responsible, diverse, and complex administrative responsibilities to assist with minor and major capital improvement projects, helps oversee the division’s safety committee activities, monitors air quality issues, and helps develop the division’s Capital Improvements Project budget. Also supervises the division’s Maintenance Department and work order system as well as the use of all division facilities by outside groups.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees projects like expanding a parking lot or a hockey/soccer field, drilling new deep water wells for irrigation, providing temporary parking for a growing school or coordinating the refurbishment of a school over the summer.
- Responsibilities range from working with school principals, architects and engineers to directly assisting the Senior Director of Operations on special projects like debris removal after a hurricane or development of new Furniture Standards for the division.
- Assists with the coordination and monitoring of estimates/bids related to capital projects and contracts.
- Supervises high school and/or college interns as needed. Coordinates obtaining drawings and documents for all construction and renovation projects.
- Serves on division and area wide committees relating to emergency services.
- Coordinates ongoing staff development for maintenance
- Coordinates all usage of school facilities by internal and external groups.
- Models the WJCC Strategic Plan Values: Individualism, Integrity, Innovation, Accountability and Collaboration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
- Master’s degree in School Administration, with experience in school construction or renovation preferred; or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business Management, or related field.
- Extensive managerial experience
- Ability to organize and manage complex projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently.
Supervises the Maintenance Department and all related services.
Performs duties under the general supervision of the Senior Director for Operations who provides guidance and direction through periodic discussions and consultations. Requires ability to work independently under general instructions.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Frequent deadlines, changes in priorities, attention to detail, highly diverse responsibilities. Works closely with City and County departments.