This division level Information Systems Specialist's (ISS II) scope of responsibility includes the support and training of desktop/end users such as parents and staff. The ISS II is responsible for having a basic understanding of all modules of the system. This position assists in training, and serves as the first level of troubleshooting for the community, internally and externally. The ISS II performs duties under the general supervision of the Enterprise Systems Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- As a member of the Enterprise Team, this position serves as the first level of support for the end users. Duties include taking calls, gathering information on reported issues and addressing when possible. Additionally, this position is responsible for assisting other members of the Enterprise team in the instruction of all division registrars, data entry associates, attendance associates and other positions as needed.
- Collect relevant data from users in an effort to provide solutions by various means to level 1 and 2 concerns and assist other team members in resolving more complicated issues. These support functions encompass all division users. Particular attention will be paid in analyzing, correcting, and working with Registrars, Data Entry, and Attendance Associates as well as the WJCC Home School. Data integrity, rule adherence, security permissions and timeliness of data entry will be emphasized.
- Assisting parents in the use of ParentVue. Troubleshoot difficulties with the use of, and access of, ParentVue app — both desktop and mobile versions.
- Provide entry level training to all new personnel in the use of Synergy. Also, provide focus-driven training, either in groups or individually, to division personnel in module operations that are specific to their duties. May be required to go onsite to fulfill needs.
- Assist in the new-year rollover process and master scheduling as needed.
- Assists with all regression testing of Synergy upgrades with particular attention paid to the smooth transition for all end users. Specific modules to be included are student, staff, attendance, and health, as well as all security and permission definitions.
- Assist in the data entry of staff members into Synergy and the disabling of accounts. Additionally, once a staff account is created, the user account will be opened, with appropriate permissions applied for all accounts.
- Assist in verifying student enrollment demographics as entered by the registrars are in appropriate zones and jurisdictions within the district.
- Assist division users in the creation of simple queries and reports.
- Performs other technical duties as assigned.
- Models the WJCC Strategic Plan Values: Individualism, Integrity, Innovation, Accountability and Collaboration.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
- High school graduate required.
- Working knowledge of Synergy modules is desirable for this position. Strong skills with all Microsoft Office products with an emphasis on Excel and Word. Working knowledge of Adobe PDF creation and editing. Technical Skills.
- Ability to apply extended troubleshooting guidelines to properly diagnose and correct computer and related software problems.
- Ability to review extensive amounts of data and apply data quality standards. Must be able to maintain a professional relationship with other employees in various roles at all times.
- Demonstrated professional customer service in what can be highly stressful situations while maintaining a professional composure.
- Communication skills needed to properly explain to non-technical internal and external customers the proper use of computer software, as well as providing explanations of application use in a non-technical manner.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license.
Performs duties under the supervision of the Enterprise Systems Supervisor.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Must be able to sit and view computer screens and printed material for extended amounts of time. Must be able to complete repetitive motions, use a keyboard and/or mouse, and perform repetitive tasks. Must be able to quickly switch from on task to another as situations warrant. Frequently exposed to electrical shock hazards while working on computers and related equipment. Must be comfortable working alone, as well as in front of groups of people. Must be able to maintain a highly professional demeanor in sometimes extremely stressful situations. Must be comfortable in instructing other employees in the use of complex/technical equipment and software applications.