This position maintains accountability, security, availability, and proper stock levels of all parts, tools and equipment. Maintains and operates the database to track parts, tools and equipment. Assists with Work Order Management. Generates management reports as required. Orders replacement parts, tools, fluids, and equipment as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains appropriate stock levels of essential parts, tools, and equipment.
- Keeps the Parts Room organized, clean, and secure.
- Orders parts, tools, fluids, and equipment as required (with proper approvals).
- Maintains a current and accurate inventory of all parts, tools, equipment, and fluids (fuel,oil, anti-freeze etc.).
- Is accountable for the Parts Room, and maintains appropriate security of all parts, tools, equipment, and fluids.
- Anticipates critical shortages and other parts related problems.
- Keeps the database current and accurate.
- Conducts a semi-annual inventory & reconciliation. Adjust stock levels based on turn rate.
- Provides reports to the Shop Forman, Director of Transportation and the Senior Director for Operations as requested
- Maintains, issues and tracks school bus keys assigned to drivers.
- Maintains, issues and tracks “pool” vehicle keys in support of building staff requests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Models the WJCC Strategic Plan Values: Individualism, Integrity, Innovation, Accountability and Collaboration.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator’s license issued by the state of Virginia. Must have a current CDL within 90 days of starting.
- Must have a good driving record based on the criteria of the Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools Division.
- Knowledge of safety procedures involved in the safe operation of all shop equipment such as lifts, jacks, power tools, and machines.
Performs duties under the supervision the Shop Foreman and receives instructions from the Director of Transportation. Refers to state and local traffic codes and regulations and the division’s Policy Manual.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Frequent interruptions, changing priorities, attention to detail. Requires performing duties in various types of environmental conditions ranging from extreme heat to very cold both indoors and outside. Exposure to various other elements, such as road deposits, brake dust, chemicals, fumes, toxic fluids, etc. Physical and mental dexterity required. Required to pick up and move heavy items. Required to use a computer.