Ensures accurate and timely flow of telephone calls, mail, and visitors for the School Division at the Central Office location.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers phone calls, determines the purpose of the call, and routes call to requested or otherwise appropriate destinations. Records messages for individuals as required and maintains related records.
- Greets visitors in reception area, ascertains the purpose or nature of their visit, and directs them to proper destination. Establishes and maintains harmonious working relationships with the public, parents, school personnel, and other visitors and creates atmosphere of friendliness, courtesy, and patience.
- Responds to questions regarding school zones, School Board meetings, school transportation, etc. Provides information regarding school division activities and directions for site locations.
- Receives, packages, letters, documents, and other related items dropped off at the reception desk by visitors or via the poster service, commercial deliveries, inter-division (pony) mail, etc. for Central Office department. Signs for packages and letters requiring a signature, maintains a log of received items as appropriate, and notifies departments when they have mail packages for pick-up.
- Performs a variety of administrative and clerical work for the Human Resources Department as requested and occasionally supports other Central Office department requests for assistance. Creates labels, envelopes, memos, etc. Assembles application and recruitment packages. Assists with scheduling interviews, substitute orientation sessions, and other meetings as requested.
- Models the WJCC Strategic Plan Values: Individualism, Integrity, Innovation, Accountability and Collaboration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
- Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Some office, clerical, or receptionist experience preferred.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office products.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize work with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
Performs duties under the supervision of the Director of Human Resources Operations and Compliance and accommodates requests from other senior human resource administrators and coordinators.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Busy office environment with frequent interruptions. Must have the ability to sit for extended periods of time; exhibit manual dexterity to enter data into a computer terminal/typewriter; to see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds.