This position encourages and supports the safe routes to schools program in the schools.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Organizing division activities for Walk and Bike to School Day,
- Creating materials for schools to use to encourage walking and biking to school
- Organizing safety education for child and adult pedestrian safety
- Coordinating completion of evaluations such as the Student Travel Tallies, Parent Surveys and other division wide SRTS division and school activities
- Models the WJCC Strategic Plan Values: Individualism, Integrity, Innovation, Accountability and Collaboration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
- Associate’s degree in Social Work or other human services related field
- Ability to interact with a variety of community service personnel
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents, public agencies, and building personnel
- Ability to plan and organize
Performs duties under the supervision of Coordinator of Health and Physical Education
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Must have the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; exhibit manual dexterity to dial a telephone, to enter data into a computer terminal; to see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal classroom levels and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in normal classrooms and on the telephone; physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds.