This position performs complex and diverse duties in support of the Senior Director for Operations and other Operations department supervisory staff. Compiles financial and business transaction data from invoices, transmittal sheets, and other source documents for computer input.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews source documents, such as invoices, for completeness and accuracy. Inputs items such as expenses into computer, assigning debits or credits to appropriate accounts.
- Processes accounts payable received from vendors and maintains file copies of payments. Communicates with vendors on problem accounts.
- Distributes incoming mail on a daily basis.
- Receives a variety of telephone calls and visitors to the office. Ascertains the purpose of their call or visit and either personally assists them or directs them to the proper authority. Assists with special projects, correspondence, memoranda, reports and other forms of communication.
- Generates financial projections for water, sewage, power, natural gas, propane gas, and furnace oil as needed for budgeting purposes.
- Generates and maintains a routine utility log including water and sewage, power, natural gas, propane gas, and furnace oil.
- Reviews all Operations departmental purchase card logs for accuracy.
- Serves as back-up to Accounts Payable for writing checks for the division.
- Models the WJCC Strategic Plan Values: Individualism, Integrity, Innovation, Accountability and Collaboration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
- Possession of high school diploma of or GED certificate. Associate’s Degree in Business or related field is preferred.
- Must be computer literate and fluent in the use various software programs and Microsoft Office products.
- Considerable office clerical experience to include a finance/accounting background.
- Ability to use a calculator and other standard office machines.
- Ability to interpret and follow oral and written instructions and specifications.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, other school division personnel and various vendors.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
Performs duties under the supervision of the Senior Director for Operations.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Busy office environment with constant deadlines and frequent interruptions. High volume of work requiring establishment of priorities. Must have the ability to sit for extended periods of time; exhibit manual dexterity to enter data into a computer terminal; to see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds.