This position provides a wide range of highly responsible, confidential, and administrative duties in support of the Human Resources Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides administrative support to the Senior Director of Human Resources and department directors.
- Maintains confidentiality and promotes a professional office climate; keeps confidential files.
- Receives email messages and conveys responses as appropriate and in a timely manner.
- Receives and screens telephone calls received in Human Resources with division administrators, employees, vendors, and members of the public; provides effective communication and interaction with all.
- Prepares Personnel Action items for Human Resources and coordinates all agenda items with the Superintendent’s Office.
- Assists in preparing department annual budget, monitors budget performance for the cost center manager, reviews travel authorizations and expenditures, prepares Purchase Requisitions or other forms necessary to pay department invoices, and ensures compliance with procurement procedures.
- Coordinates logistics for annual Teacher of the Year event, Retirement and Employee Recognition ceremony and New Teacher Orientation to include obtaining the location, ordering catering, and readying the materials necessary to run successful events.
- Coordinates the WJCC Transfer process to include notifying administrators of potential transfer requests and sending employees confirmation, meeting with Coordinators with results of transfer interviews, and sending out the final decisions regarding staffing.
- Handles a variety of administrative or technical tasks as assigned including reports required by the Commonwealth of Virginia; obtains and analyzes the data.
- Coordinates the registration and travel requirements necessary for conferences attended by Human Resources staff.
- Schedules, coordinates, and maintains a variety of department calendars for appointments, meetings, and committees.
- Updates department forms as necessary.
- Orders department office supplies and maintains inventory.
- Models the WJCC Strategic Plan Values: Individualism, Integrity, Innovation, Accountability and Collaboration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
- Possession of high school diploma or GED certificate; preferably supplemented by an Associate's degree in business or public administration.
- Senior level clerical experience required, preferably in a human resources setting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and highly motivated individual that exercises initiative.
- Ability to prioritize work and communicate well, both orally and in writing.
- Computer skills, including Word, Excel and database systems.
Performs duties under the supervision of the Senior Director for Human Resources.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Must have the ability to sit for extended periods of time in a busy office environment; exhibit manual dexterity to enter data into a computer terminal; to see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds.