LAFAYETTE FALL SPORTS 2014 â STARTING DATES AND TIMES
- Fall Sports Physicals â Wednesday, July 30 â 5:30 pm
Fall Practice Starting Dates:
- Varsity Football – Thursday, July 31-2:30 pm All 11th and 12th grade players and other selected 9th and 10th grade players
- JV Football Monday, August 4-2:30 pm All 9th and 10th grade players
- Field Hockey â Monday, August 4 â 7:00 am
- Cheerleading â Monday, August 4 â 4:00 pm
- Volleyball â Monday, August 4 â 6:00 pm
- Golf â Monday, August 4 â 3:00 pm at Ford’s Colony
- Cross Country â Monday, August 4 â 7:00 am
- Varsity Football- First Six Days
- JV Football â First Six Days
- Golf – First Two Days
- All other sports- First Three Days
- All Athletes must turn in a completed physical before they can participate in try-outs.
LHS students helped raise money for cancer research by donating $1 to “walkout” of 4th block. Outside, students could participate in several activities and games, listen to music, and enjoy the beautiful weather.
PLEASE BRING COPIES OF ALL LETTERS OF ACCEPTANCE FROM ALL COLLEGES TO THE GUIDANCE OFFICE. WE KEEP A RECORD OF ALL ACCEPTANCES WHETHER YOU DECIDE TO ATTEND OR NOT.
ALSO: PLEASE BRING ALL COPIES OF ANY SCHOLARSHIP OR GRANT MONEY OFFERS TO GUIDANCE. AGAIN, WE KEEP A RUNNING LIST OF ALL MONIES OFFERED WHETHER YOU ACCEPT THE OFFER OR NOT.
Penisula Sports Club awarded three of Lafayette’s finest with the 2013-14 “Athlete of the Year” title in their respective sports. Pictured is Jahlil Green (Football), Keyanna Brown (Basketball), and Derek Holdsworth (Track).
Advanced Sports Marketing students planned, organized, and implemented a Food Drive at LHS. A total of 2,916 non-perishable food items were collected!