What is a Gap Year?
A Gap year is a period of time when students take a break from formal education to travel, volunteer, study, intern or work. The key is to find a meaningful experience with the goal to return to formal education.
- Should You Take A Gap Year Before College? Informative article by Peterson’s.com.
- Planet Gap Year – Search this database of Gap Year programs and find out more about this option.
- AmeriCorps – Put your ideas into action while learning new skills, making new connections, and earning money to pay for college.
- City Year – An AmeriCorps program that provides services to students and schools to keep students in high school and on track to graduation.
- Earthwatch– International non-profit organization that brings science to life for people concerned about the Earth’s future.
- British American Education Foundation – Gain work experience in exchange for room and board in Britain.
- International Studies Abroad – Wide variety of study abroad programs at accredited schools and universities