The following career assessments are offered to Lafayette High School students at no cost. It is strongly recommended students make an appointment with the Career Coach for an assessment and review results.
- Virginia Education Wizard – Students can take interest, skills and values assessments. The Wizard contains a number of tools to help users explore careers, plan education, pay for college and much more. Students can take the assessment on-line at home or Career Coach office, room 622.
- ASVAB Career Exploration Program – A comprehensive career planning program that includes a multiple-aptitude test battery, an interest inventory, and various career planning tools. This assessment measures developed abilities and helps predict future academic and occupational success in the military. The ASVAB is offered at Lafayette High School each year.
- R U Ready? 2013 – Focus on the Future. A guide designed to help students prepare for a career. A great resource, especially for Sophomores.
- MyFuture.com– Figure out what’s next! Explore career areas, find a college or trade school, and explore the military.
- Mapping Your Future – Your journey starts here! Explore careers, prepare for college and learn about financial aid.
- Know How Virginia – Explore and prepare for careers, particularly in high demand and emerging fields.
- Virginia Career View– The Career Search option allows students to learn more about various careers by name or career cluster.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook – A classic reference about careers from A to Z, compiled by the U.S. Bureau of Labor and Statistics.
- O*NET– A tool for career exploration and job analysis.
- Salary.com– The Salary Wizard provides salaries for various job titles.
- Hottest Health Careers– A tool for students interested in the health care industry
- March2Success – A tool to assist high school students for standardized test preparation and college planning
- Dream It Do It Virginia – (http://www.dreamitdoitvirginia.com/) – Assessments found under Explore
- Quick Assessment (Uses Holland Codes – nice and quick)
- Dream Career Quiz (uses more modern language – cute & quick)
- Interest Profiler (much like the Wizard Career Interest test, but 180 statements!)
- Skills Profiler (much like Wizard, but takes longer)
- Work Importance Finder (much like Wizard, not as user-friendly – from O*Net)