The Standards for Accrediting Schools in Virginia establish high school graduation requirements and certain diploma seal recognitions. In addition, WJCC offers the Honors Program Seal.
- State Board of Education Seal – Students who earn the Standard Diploma with an average grade of “A” or better will receive the State Board of Education Seal on the diploma.
- Governor’s Seal – Students who earn the Advanced Studies Diploma with an average grade of “B” or better and complete at least one Advanced Placement (AP) or college level course for credit will receive the Governor’s Seal on the diploma.
- State Board of Education Career & Technical Education Seal – Students who earn the Standard or Advanced Studies Diplomas and complete a prescribed sequence of courses in a career/technical education concentration AND maintain a “B” average in those courses OR pass a certification examination OR acquire a professional license will receive the State Board of Education Career & Technical Education Seal on the diploma.
- State Board of Education Seal of Advanced Mathematics & Technology – Students who earn the Standard of Advanced Studies Diploma and satisfy all of the mathematics requirements for the Advanced Studies Diploma and maintain a “B” average in those courses AND EITHER pass a certification examination from a recognized industry, trade or professional organization or acquire a professional license in a career/technical area OR pass an exam approved by the Board that confers college-level credit in a technology or computer science area will receive the State Board of Education Seal of Advanced Mathematics & Technology on the diploma.
- State Board of Education Seal for Excellence in Civics Education – Students who earn the Standard or Advanced Studies Diploma AND complete Virginia and U.S. History and Virginia and U.S. Government with a grade of “B” or higher AND complete 50 hours of voluntary participation in community service or extracurricular activities (e.g., volunteering for an organization that provides services to the poor, sick, less fortunate OR participating in Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, and similar organizations; in political campaigns or government internships, Boys State, Girls State, Model General Assembly; and/or in school-sponsored extracurricular activities that have a civic focus) OR enlisting in the United States military prior to graduation and have good attendance with no disciplinary infractions as determined by local school board policy receive the State Board of Education Seal for Excellence in Civics Education on the diploma.
- State Board of Education’s Biliteracy Seal – Students who earn a Board of Education-approved diploma and pass all required End-of-Course Assessments in English reading and writing at the proficient or high level; and be proficient at the intermediate-mid level or higher in one or more languages other than English, as demonstrated through an assessment from a list to be approved by the Superintendent of Public Instruction.
- Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools Honors Seal –Students who successfully complete the academic requirements, community service project, and individual honors project shall receive the WJCC Honors Seal.
Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools expects that students enrolled in a WJCC high school for at least the last two years of high school will successfully complete course work in preparation for higher education and/or be a vocational completer and earn a diploma.