Our mission is to help students become effective users of information, develop a love of reading, and become life-long learners. Our philosophy is to provide access to a dynamic and relevant collection of resources that supports the curriculum at Lafayette High School.
- Individual students need a pass to use the Media Center, except before or after school. Students must sign in and sign out when they enter and exit the Media Center.
- Students may check out books and magazines for three weeks (no fines are charged). Items may be renewed or placed on hold.
- Students are responsible for lost book charges.
- Media Center computers should be used for class work only.
- All students must sign the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) before using the computers.
Use 3D shapes to create objects that you can then print! Save your creation as a .STL file. Once it’s saved, we can upload it to our 3D printer.
- Online converter
Use this website to convert image files to svg files. This lets you upload the svg image to TinkerCad to make it 3D.
Find pre-made objects to print in Thingiverse. Make sure you read the notes and comments before printing. There may be printing tips or additional settings needed. Please note these in your folder with the file before printing. No username/passwords needed.
Saving Files for Printing
Go to the LHS library home page.
Click on “3D Printing Files”
Log into your Office 365 Account
Create a folder with your name
Save your object as an .stl file and place it in the folder you created.
BEFORE you copy and paste words, images, or logos, check copyright information from the U.S. Copyright office.
Find out what they have to say about Fair Usage or check the copyright guidelines published by: