Find books and eBooks in the LHS collection.
Choose the decade on the right side of the screen.
Brief biographies of notable individuals from every part of the world and from all time periods.
- Enter your search term for newspaper and magazine articles, primary source documents, etc.
- Limit (on left of results page): Select full text, publication dates, and source types.
- Advanced Search: more search options.
- Topic Overview: provides an overview of the topic.
- View: original (pdf full text) form, or html full text (may be easier to read).
- Cite (on the right): Select your citation format and copy citation.
- For additional articles, return to the search results or use the Find Similar Results button.
Williamsburg Regional Library
WJCC students can now access most of the databases at WRL by using the letters WJCC and your school ID. For example: wjcc1234567890
Use the “click here to access database” link.
Enter your WJCC ID when prompted.
Under History, click “View All” and choose the Berkshire Encyclopedia of World History.
Includes good articles on “Imperialism” and “Colonialism”
Don’t forget: Use the databases to find good web sites!
Explore the Smithsonian’s collection. Includes Roots of African American Music, Jazz & Blues, Achievements & Impact, images of photos & posters etc.
Biography.com contains over 25,000 brief biographies from antiquity to the present.
Use the databases to find primary resources!
(or enter this search string: mysearchterm site:news.google.com/newspapers)
Google digitized thousands of newspapers during the Newspaper Archive project. Search for your topic, click on the full screen icon and size the newspaper. You’ll have to print screen or use the snipping tool to capture and save an image.
Original Time Magazines from 1935-1950 are located in the back of the LHS Media Center.