As announced Friday, all WJCC Schools and offices will be closed March 16 – 27 to help reduce the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community.
Please make note of the following resources available to families:
Meal Service – UPDATED 7 p.m. 3/15/20
“Grab and Go” meals will be available to families in need of assistance during the closure. Bags with two days’ worth of breakfast and lunch items will be distributed 8-10 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at the locations below.Williamsburg Area Transit Authority (WATA) will generously provide free rides to and from these school locations to allow families to receive “Grab and Go” meals. Students must be present for families to pick up a meal.
“Grab and Go” Meal Locations:
- James River Elementary School, Front Entrance – WATA Route 1
- James Blair Middle School, Bus Parking Lot – WATA Route 2 & Route 5
- Toano Middle School, Front Entrance – WATA Route 9
- Warhill High School, Student Parking Lot – WATA Route 4
This schedule is subject to change based on the number of meals distributed at each location.
Student Medication Pickup – UPDATED 7 p.m. 3/15/20
Parents/guardians may pick up their child’s prescription medication from school clinics Monday, March 16, from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. Parents/guardians will be required to show proper identification and sign for medication at the time of pickup. Medication will not be released to students.
WATA will provide free rides to and from schools on their existing routes to help ensure families can pick up student medication. Please note the following WATA route information:
- Clara Byrd Baker Elementary School – WATA Route 6
- James River Elementary School – WATA Route 1
- Matthew Whaley Elementary School – WATA Routes 1,2,3,5,6, & 7
- Norge Elementary School – WATA Route 9
- Berkeley Middle School – WATA Route 5
- James Blair Middle School – WATA Routes 5 & 2
- Toano Middle School – WATA Route 9
- Jamestown High School – WATA Route 6
- Lafayette High School – Route 4
Schools distributed printed packets of learning activities for use during the extended closure last week. Those materials will also be posted on the school division website Monday afternoon. A separate communication will be sent to Matthew Whaley Elementary School families for information on accessing learning activities.