What Should My Family Expect This School Year?
The most important thing your children should expect is to be engaged in high-quality learning led by a teacher who cares about their academic growth and success.
- Students will share classroom materials. We now know that COVID does not live for an extended period on hard surfaces; therefore, there is no need for individual sets of classroom materials.
- Wherever possible, desks will be separated to increase space between students.
- Elementary students will eat meals in the cafeteria and other common spaces throughout the building.
- Middle and high school students will make use of the cafeteria and outdoor spaces for lunch.
- Breakfast and lunch (including hot meals) will be available to all students at no charge.
- Air ventilation systems are maintained for optimum effectiveness and efficiency in classrooms, the cafeteria, and other areas of the school.
- Families should use the WJCC Schools Symptom Checker to monitor their student’s health before sending them to school.
In keeping with the state emergency health order, masks will be worn by students and staff while indoors unless the person is eating or drinking. Students who require a health accommodation, must submit the proper form signed by a healthcare provider. You can read more about WJCC Schools COVID prevention measures on our website.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!