WJCC Hosting Coaching Clinic for Sports Safety
WJCC will host a coaching clinic put on by USA Football on Friday, July 27th from 12-5 p.m. to address safety in sports.
The in-person Heads Up Football® training will cover:
- Concussion education– how to identify and respond to symptoms of concussions (overview/highlights)
- Heat and hydration education– how to prevent, recognize and treat athletes (overview/highlights)
- Sudden cardiac arrest– how to respond suspected sudden cardiac arrest (overview/highlights)
- Equipment fitting– how to fit equipment and check the fit of equipment throughout the season
- Shoulder Tackle System(fundamentals, leverage, form tackle, thigh and drive tackle and thigh and roll tackle – with the emphasis on limited helmet contact)
- Effective Practice Planning/Coaching Philosophy/Leadership
- Contact System: Blocks/Defeating Blocks (skill development for one-on-one blocking, LOS and in space & engaging/defeating blocks – while minimizing head contact during line play)
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!